Tuesday 31 July 2018

Interview with author David Kummer.

Last week I published my review of David Kummer's book, Until We Burn. This week, I have the pleasure of introducing you to David.

David is a promising young author, who has already published quite a number of books. He is one to watch for the future.His books are generally in the fantasy or horror genres.

Welcome to Dragons Rule OK, David.

David Profile Pic

1. What is the first book you remember either reading or having read to you?

One of the first books I remember my dad reading to me is C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series. He would read two or three chapters a night, and we zoomed through all the books. I really enjoyed those, and still do, as well as the memories it brings.

2. Who is your favourite author?

My favorite author is Mark Edwards

3. What is your favourite book?

Probably "The Magpies" by Mark Edwards. It was surprising and I read it in two days.

5. Apart from writing, what is the thing you enjoy doing the most?

I play basketball quite a lot, and work. See below.

6. If you weren't a writer, what job would you do?

I want to be an English teacher once I get out of college, probably for middle school or high school.

7. If you have a "proper" job, what is it?

I do landscaping. And most of the time the heat index is well over 100 degrees, so that's fun.

8. Why do you write?

Honestly, I just enjoy it and it's something that's now a part of my everyday life. I'm so immersed in it, I don't think I could separate without losing a part of myself.

9. How old were you when you published your first book?

I was 15 years old, but 14 when I wrote it.

10. Do you write to music? If so, what music inspires you?

Occasionally, I will listen to soundtracks while writing. But when I'm not writing, I'm constantly listening to music. I prefer Alt-Rock, and my favorite bands are the Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, and lately Arcade Fire. Also, Twenty One Pilots, who I saw in concert back when they were still a tiny band with no fans.

11. A question I can't answer, myself. Where do you get your ideas from?

Most often, I get them from a setting I see. I've had one short story come from a dream. Usually, I'll be in a situation and think "What if this terrible thing happened?" so then it does in my story.

12. Do you have any pets?

My family has two dogs, but at one time we had four. Also, two cats.

13. Are you a dog or a cat person?

Dog

14. When you go out to eat, what type of food do you prefer?

I like Chinese, or buffalo wings.

15. Do you prefer the city or the country?

I prefer small towns, like Hanover, Indiana where I live. Somewhere in between the country and the city.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get to know you better, David.

You can contact David on the following links.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014606114521
My blog- http://davidkummer.com/

Newsletter- http://eepurl.com/bPgy4n

Goodreads Account- https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14106755.David_Duane_Kummer

Until We Burn: A Psychological Thriller by [Kummer, David Duane]

Blurb:

Cyrus Street never forgot about his home. It was always in the back of his mind, with the memories, the nightmares. Alluring, always pulling him back. There were so many questions unanswered. Something he left behind.

When he finally returns, he's drawn back into a world even worse than he remembers. Werifesteria, with its dark secrets and murky past, never changed. It remains a cesspool, a danger. There's something about the town unnerving, yet enticing. It isn't normal. It isn't sane.

As soon as Cyrus steps back into it, the murders begin. He's the only one can catch this madman, if he can only control his mind.

Everybody remembers the fire. Everybody remembers him. But there's a darkness he's buried inside his own head. And unless he can remember, the entire town will burn.

Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/Until-We-Burn-Psychological-Thriller-ebook/dp/B07CXL1RSC

No comments: