Tuesday 22 August 2017

Fashions Mysterious to me.

I am probably an old person who does not understand the latest *or not so latest( fashions, but there are some that really confuse me. Here are a few below.

 Ripped jeans. What's that all about? I know I'm no longer in the first flush of my youth, but to me it looks scruffy. It also says you can't afford a new pair of jeans and are too lazy to mend your ripped ones. A friend's daughter went to visit her boyfriend's sister. After they had left, the sister's daughter said 'I like Auntie ...... It's a pity she's so poor.' The mother asked her what she meant and the child said, 'Well, her jeans are all ripped. she obviously can't afford a new pair.'
 Then there's the trousers hanging off the bottoms of young men. This seems to be passing, but I still see a few of them. they look as though they're little boys wearing their dad's trousers. I saw one young man whose trousers were so low that he had to walk as though he had severe problems in order to keep them up.
 Then there are tattoos. They are fashionable at the moment, largely, I suspect, because of the large numbers of footballers who sport them. The so-called 'sleeves' look, to me, like dirty arms. I often wonder what these tattoos will look like when the owners are no longer young and fit, and are becoming wrinkly and flabby.
 So many people, not only the young, wear clothing unsuitable to the weather. I've seen young girls out in strappy tops when, although it's been nominally summer, it's not been warm. In fact occasionally it's been cold and windy--temperatures below 15oC. Then there is the other end of the scale. People, often older people, wearing jackets and coats when it is above 30oC. I said not wonder some old fold die when it gets hot if they insist on wearing coats in the heat.

I'm sure I can think of other mysterious fashion quirks if I sat around thinking, but that will do for now.

Please leave a comment, either agreeing or disagreeing with me. And if you can explain why these things are attractive, all the better.

4 comments:

R.R. Brooks said...

Good blog about something I too have wondered about. I've quoted your concerns on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/r.r.brooksauthor/) and added my explanations about what is going on with these clothing choices. My posting there includes a link to your blog page.
Bob Brooks writing as R.R. Brooks with Justi the Gifted.

T. S. Rider said...

I think she has the wrong e-mail address listed. I got a message about comments on this blog, and I am not VM Sang.

R.R. Brooks said...

T.S. Maybe you checked some box to be notified of comments posted on this page. The mysteries of the blogosphere are not meant to be understood by mortals. I have trouble proving I'm not a robot, even if an author.

V.M.Sang said...

Thanks for your comments, Bob, and your links to my blog page. I appreciate it.

As to the blogosphere, sometimes I find that I'm no longer informed about posts from people I really want to hear from, even though they've been sending me notifications for ages before that. It's a mysterious world.

I apologise, T.S. Rider if you've been troubled with unwanted emails. If you don't want to receive them, just unsubscribe. I won't hold it against you.