Saturday 10 January 2015

Fellowshop of Fantasy Writers. Maeve La Faye



I would like to welcome Maeve La Fay to my blog. Enjoy her post. 

 

Tomorrow I will be hosting Lee Dunning






Stories are how people communicate lessons, feeling and desires. I have learned that even the most fantastic of stories express something fundamental about that author's thoughts or feelings on any given topic. I have always had a passion for strong, stories that told of far away lands and times and began creating my own at an early age. 
Hailing from Nova Scotia, Canada,
I am twenty-four-years-old and have been writing for at least sixteen of those years, and telling stories much longer. Growing up I always loved reading or hearing old ghost stories and faerie stories. This very soon developed into a love of speculative fiction and several cultures mythologies. My pen name was born of one of two of these great loves, Mebd the great Irish queen of myth and Morgan La Fey from Arthurian legend. Stephen King and J.K Rowling were staples of my middle and high school years allowing me to branch out into the wonderful world of speculative fiction and folklore.
I am currently studying psychology for my undergrad at university and am writing a novel of the fantasy genre along with several short stories. "The Otter King" is my first of what will hopefully be many publications in the future.


Excerpts:
Tree of Nine Worlds is an in progress fantasy novel series. I am currently working on the first two novels. The Tree of Nine Worlds series is a multi-perspective Celtic and Norse fusion fantasy taking place in an original world. The tale begins with an unlikely group of characters coming together in the home country of Princess Saoirse and staying at the castle as the group discovers a horrible plot from an unknown dark force to destroy the world and rebuild it in his image. It is also discovered that there may still yet be hope, for if a fairy woman of the lost city of Crannllwynn still lives, and if they can find the Lochbhan they maybe able to save the world from the darkness taking over. Saoirse, Percy, and Aisling take off with Doug to find the city of legend in what is now a war torn land as several kingdoms fight for control both against each other and against themselves.

No comments: